Monday, May 3, 2010

feels like summer - lazy days already...

It was crazy humid last night, but I didn't want to turn on the AC cuz
1) too lazy to clean the filter
2) felt it was too early turn it on since the weather has been becoming quite unpredictable
3) help poor mother nature.

After not sleeping for the entire night (except for a short 2 hr nap at 6 am), I decided to take another route to school. I usually have to transfer twice on my usual route, but I walk more if I used the other route. BUT the other route is like 5 minutes faster (yea, i timed it)...but the real reason I wanted to take the other route was becuz the path has more trees and was less noisy. it was really n..i..c..e, so I  think I'm gonna take this new route from now on; walking thru such greenery is quite enjoyable and relaxing anyways and when i was about to stop at a street cuz the traffic light had turned green, the car waited for me to get to the street edge and let me pass even tho the light had already turned green for a few secs already.... i'll remember this rare NYer moment hahas


while studying on the train, I looked up at the ads when it was nearing my stop and read one of those Poetry In Motion msgs, and this one left a good impression on me:

Life is a train of moods like a string of beads, and, 
              as we pass through them, 
                         they prove to be many-colored lenses 
             which paint the world their own hue,
                       and each shows only what lies in its focus.


-- from "Experience" by Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment