Monday, May 9, 2011

Jenny's 23rd bday

My friend, Jenny, had her 23rd bday on May 2nd, but it was a Monday, so we went to 6 flags on Sunday. She had been meaning to go there for 2 yrs or so already and so planned early with us to get us to go there for her bday. But we (me, Jennifer, and Regina) decided to make it a "cruel" surprise for her. A couple of days before the set day, Jennifer and Regina told Jenny that it wouldn't be possible for them to make it that day. Of course we couldn't all say that excuse cuz then the bday girl would get suspicious. We made sure that she wouldn't make any other plans that day by getting her mom to force her to go eat dim sum with her. After the other 2 canceled on Jenny, she called me to tell me that the 6 flags trip would be rescheduled, and I said ok.

When May 1st came along, the 3 of us went to her apartment. We were supposed to meet at 8 am, but the trains on weekends are >.< and so we ran a half hour late. It was a lot of fun surprising the bday girl, we had our green tea cake with those tall candles and party poppers. We were making so much noise on a sunday morning LOLS I didn't get a chance to take a pic of the surprise part cuz nobody had any free hands to do so. But after the surprise part, we rushed Jenny to change out of her PJs and get ready to head out to 6 flags.



We were really running behind schedule. We had to get from the Upper East Side to Chinatown in less than half an hour. We took the bus crosstown to a B,D train station, but it was getting so late that we decided to take a taxi. But the taxi got so stuck in traffic near the central park midtown area that we only traveled like 10 blocks before getting off and running to the columbus circle station. But we eventually made it Y(^_^)Y
rushing out of the apt to get to the MTA



taking the bus crosstown



We had the entire private bus to ourselves, which was a big PLUS! And we basically just started camwhoring hahahas. We got to 6 flags and had a blast. While me and Jenny were in it for the coaster rides, the other two, Jennifer and Regina, stayed mostly at the arcades and kiddy rides lols It was perfect cuz there were hardly any lines. We also experienced our first coaster breakdown on the Batman ride, but thank god we weren't in a bad position when it got stuck. I finally mastered my fear of the Kingda Ka too. I thought going down the ~180 part would be the scariest part, but it was shooting up to the top that was the scariest for me. But I prefer the NITRO will be forever my fav ride (it's actually the only reason i came back) cuz I can actually enjoy the coaster ride while many ppl had to get on the Kingda Ka several times to enjoy it, which one group was actually doing when I was waiting on line for the first time.



getting stuck on the BATMAN ride, so i whipped out my cam to capture the moment
^_^











Jennifer won a panther! So black and silky!



It was time to get going home. But just before the bus stopped in Chinatown, I took out my wallet to pay back Jennifer for the ticket. When the bus came to a full stop, I don't know what happened to my wallet as I got off. I just remember throwing some garbage away cuz I spilled my drink when I was getting ready to get off. We were getting ready to head back to Jenny's apt to eat the bday cake when I realized that I had lost my wallet. Regina offered to go back to the bus stop to search with me. Thank god I took note of the stores and street that I passed by in order to retrace my steps. But it was all futile, even looking through the garbage didn't bring any luck ::sigh:: I called the bus company and they said no wallet ever turned up. I went to the nearby police precint for the lost & found, but to no avail. There wasn't much cash in it (~$30), but I just didn't want to go thru the hassle of replacing all my cards, but I eventually sucked it up and went thru the replacement process.

The day started off with so much fun and I had to ruin it by losing my wallet. and when I got home, I saw my fb feeds filled with the news of Osama bin Laden's death. My senses were too numb to feel any joy about it. This was such a roller-coaster riding day.

my Happy Mother's Day post will be coming up soon~~

2 comments:

  1. what a nice bday surprise for your friend :)
    bugs looks so cute holding the panther :D
    i'm so sorry you lost your wallet ;( did you replace everything?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea, i canceled all my cards and getting them replaced. i'm actually just waiting for one more card to come in.

    ReplyDelete