Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Summer 2011

whooaaa I haven't updated this blog since JUNE! but i've been having so much fun this summer that i didn't miss blogging until now lols and cuz i'm jobless again, feels like a recurring cycle =(

let's see, this summer i did alot of eating out (mostly celebrating a lot of summer bdays of friends & family) and shopping!

Let me do experiences first....
My Techie friends surprised me on a trip to BROOKLYN BOULDERS! I finally got to go rock climbing! yippeee!!!

yay i'm climbing!
there was tight rope too

awesome rock climbing friends!

they also bought me my first lottery tkts, but i didn't win anything ;x


 The second great experience I had was WHITEWATER RAFTING!!!! I learned from experience from snowboarding and paintballing that these physical activities requires some prep work and I actually did some weight training on my arms so that I won't slow down my raft groupie. I think the training really helped me a lot in terms of endurance, but not so much strength-wise. This was the only pic available since I was too chicken to bring my cam on the raft, but I WILL next time! and be looking at the camera too!

The 3rd great experience was walking THE HIGHLINE PARK! damn, i've been wanting to go here for 2 years but didn't know who to go with so when my hs friends wanted me to plan a reunion, I made sure we went there =D Such a nice place to take photos too during sunset

i spotted a cutie pie at The Park restaurant.
i think these are my type hahas

i love this pic so much it's on my cosmetic bag now =D

@Rainbow City fair on the Highline
 The 4th great experience was watching a movie ON THE BEACH at coney island. I liked the open air environment, but only if there was no rain or mosquitoes otherwise I would prefer the indoor one



The 5th great adventure was at THE HARRY POTTER EXHIBITION!!!!!! I was hyperventilating the entire start of the exhibit. I was so sad when the books finished, but I had the movies to look forward to. But now the movie series has ended, and that made me even more depressed. When I heard about this exhibit, it awakened this crazy fandom excitement in me. Going to this exhibit was a great way to close this harry potter chapter of my life that's been going on since elementary school when I first saw my friend lend it to me after she gave up reading it (ironic lols) The only downer was that I couldn't take pics so I posed w/ everything in the lobby and read every caption in the exhibit to absorb everything just to calm my skyrocketing level of happinessssss





Okay, now time to talk about the fashiony stuff that i got or wanted to get this summer xP
This wasn't something I bought, but i was gonna buy it anyways if it wasn't for Regina who bought it as my bday gift  and i absolutely LOVE it, it was THE SUMMER BAG of my bags <3
But now it's getting dirty and I'm wondering if there is a product out there that can protect my tote bag from getting dirtier =\

I joined GroupOn this summer and they gave me $10 for my first purchase and after some searching, I only found the deal for a cosmetic bag w/ a pic from Bagettes to be worthy enough. The quality of the pic didn't come out as nice that I hoped it would, but the bag quality is not bad and it really helps me in keeping all the small stuff together now that I'm using a tote bag. I want to get more when another deal comes around.
front view
back view (taken from online cuz i forgot to take an actual pic of the back)


Thick black rim glasses have been all the rage among hipsters and I have to admit they look cute in them. They're almost everywhere now everytime I step out the door so I thought I try them out when I saw a pair in forever21. I am seriously considering one in red/green/maybe even clear hmmm..

I also finally got a pair of RED SHOOOEEES!!! I've been wanting one to include in my "wardrobe" since I saw them on Dorothy from "The Wizard of OZ". I saw them online in DSW, but there weren't any in my size and I kept checking back online for a span of maybe 3 weeks reading other ppl's reviews of the red shoe and waiting until the right size became available. One review said it was too matronly for her and returned it, and that made me worry a bit, but when I finally got them, I did notice the fiery power that this would add to my appearance, but they were too comfy to be returned =)
haha shoes on table, that's like breaking so many rules
when/where can i wear this shoe, i've nvr gotten a shoe w/ a heel this high Dx

Many of my girl friends liked Ann Taylor and I never understood why until today when I walked down 6th Ave with my lil sis after our workout and high caloried lunch. My lil sis was one of their fans, and now I've become one after I saw this nice cotton short sleeve cuffed shirt just b/c..well just b/c I want to own a nice white cotton shirt for business casual wear. There was a 50% off Labor day sale on the sales rack and I found this nice one. I didn't take a pic of me in it cuz I was planning to get it anyways. But when I came to check out, the cashier lady said wasn't on sale, and it would have cost me $68  >.< awws too bad, and it's sold out online too
http://www.anntaylor.com/p/cotton-short-sleeve-cuffed-shirt.shtml
After I saw how great Jasmine's curls came out during Lily's sunday brunch, I decided to do it the same way she did it, which was basically make a bun from already-damped hair and leave it like that over-night. So I tried that  and I left the bun on for 24+hrs and it did not come out as nicely as Jas's lols
it's MEDUSA staring right back at me @_@

okay, time for the biggest part...FOOOOODD
Kelvin truck's tea base slushie w/ pink guava

Coolhaus truck's one story lychee martini sorbet in a chocolate chip cookie sandwich + EDIBLE wrapper
FRIED OREOs from Coney Island..this devil's food was sooo good

my 1st banana split from BROOKLYN ICE CREAM FACTORY

GRIMALDI'S PIZZA: with pepperonI and sweet red peppers.
this was soooo good but this needed more tomato sauce

YUMMY

Calamari Salad from Asia de Cube during RESTAURANT WEEK

beef dumplings from Asia de Cuba

this is a mix of Cuban BBQ chicken, plantain fried rice & honey glazed pot roast of pork from Asia de Cuba

DESSERTS! i can still taste the coconut cake xP
posing w/ our desserts and looking all very pretty for fine dining style ;)

I always see eggs benedict listed on the brunch menu and now
i finally know how it tastes like and it is gooood
.
From the University Cafe restaurant

A friend i met at my summer job in Cold Spring Harbor Lab gave me this pizza w/ Chicken & Broccoli topping, and it made me realize that chicken tastes soo much better on pizzas!!!

my 1st red velvet cupcake made from a co-worker and it is DIVINE

I'm not really a fan of TenRen's cold drinks, but when I ordered a hot milk tea bev from them, it changed my opinion. I think i'll only make this order at the store now.

i'm also not a big fan of anything that comes out from a blender,
but this Fuzzy Monkey (peach -banana) smoothie from CAFE METRO really blew me away.
It tasted even better after my workout =P

my 1st experience eating Chicken & Rice from the Halal Guys!
satisfying indeed!

This was the best spent Labor day holiday. I started out the day working out w/ my lil sis at Gold's Gym cuz I have a one week free membership there. Then used these Burger King coupons we found to get free chicken nuggets and one free whopper w/ the purchase of a whopper. Then went to McDonald's to get a mango pineapple smoothie using a $1 off coupon. Then walked down 6th ave while window shopping (there were so many 50% off sales!!). That's how I came across Ann Taylor hahas. Then we went karaoking at Duet and it was AWESOME! I've been wanting to belt out tunes from all this past year's song releases..=D
i feel like such a loser sometimes but when i saw this GREEN sign next to the gym,
i immediately felt it was worth embarrassing myself to express my green love lols

No comments:

Post a Comment